Thursday 31 January 2013

analyze things

How can you change how you think and analyze things? How do you think and analyze things in different ways?

We all have our own way of thinking about things and analyzing them, to come to some kind of conclusion, decision, or other kind of result (or sometimes no result at all). Is it possible to change the way you think and analyze through things?

This has wide implementations, not only in abstract thinking like philosophy but also in everyday life and in conversations. Example: Let's say I want to increase my success rate in a certain skill. Thinking through how I would improve my performance, the first thing I'd think about is gaining more experience in it. Another way that some people think of first, is to start analyzing the skill from the ground up. What are the patterns that experts in this skill exhibit? Can we replicate them and take a shortcut?

These are two ways that you could think about something. My objective is to increase the number of ways I think about and analyze things.

My preliminary thinking (heh) in this thought that inquisition was one tried and true method in thorough analysis of something. So, in essence, one method of expanding your analytical thinking is to ask Why? and How? to things.

No comments:

Post a Comment